Friday, March 4, 2011

Ladder Lanterns

I saw this in the most recent Pottery Barn catalog and LOVE the laddern/lanterns setup. Thinking of doing this in the new dining room, but.. that can't give you much light! Thinking maybe I can just put a regular plain light flush against the ceiling under the ladder for better lighting?
Here's a close up of it... You can buy the rope, lanterns, and ladder at PB, but only if you want to spend a million dollars.
I have been on the lookout for an antique wooden ladder for a few years now with no luck. I did find this one on Amazon though for a great price, and I love that it narrows towards the top. I also found these fun Moroccan lanterns on Amazon for a little bit of a different look.

If I end up doing this, and ever get tired of it (I clearly will, I have to change things every 5 minutes it seems)... I can take the lanterns off of the ladder, use them somewhere else in the house, and hang practically anything from the ladder! If I get sick of the ladder, I take it down and lean it against the wall and drape magazines, cloth napkins, or dish towels on it...

Now I am even more excited than before!

No comments:

Post a Comment