Friday, June 24, 2011

PB Cookies

I found this recipe for 5-ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies by Claire Robinson, but changed a few things in the cookies I made.

The original recipe:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
sea salt

My version:
1 cup of natural peanut butter,
1/2 cup sugar (I will probably use only 1/4 cup next time)
1/4 cup of apple sauce + a sprinkle of baking powder
1 splash of vanilla
1/2 cup of oats
and of COURSE a hefty sprinkling of chocolate chips.

Teaspoon sized cookies 1" apart on tray, sprinkle with sea salt on tops of cookies.

The original recipe said they only needed 10 minutes, but I ended up baking mine (turning the cookie tray every 5 minutes) for about 20 minutes, then turning off the oven and keeping them in there for another 10.

I was REALLY happy with the results, and am curious to see how they will come out with even less sugar next time. Maybe NO sugar would be okay since I have the chips in there? Hmm...

1 comment:

  1. yum, i like your version! gotta try these.

    ReplyDelete