Friday, January 21, 2011

Bloggy McBloggerson

I have tried countless times to start a blog, but of course after a week (or more like a few days...) I stop. Those have all been ones about specific things - my food budget and meal ideas, or other things that I can't remember right now. This attempt doesn't have a theme - just my ramblings of things I do, things I see, and things I make. My theme is just THINGS, I guess.

Today I made my own non-toxic hand sanitizer from the book "Do It Gorgeously." The book is actually still on its way to me in the mail, but the author has a video of this one on YouTube. I made one without alcohol for Hanna to use, too!


This is all that's in it... no yucky stuff!
  • water
  • vodka
  • aloe vera juice
  • vegetable glycerine
  • cinnamon oil
  • eucalyptus oil
  • clove bud oil
  • rosemary oil

So easy to make, and with the amount of times I use sanitizer, I feel better about putting this onto my skin rather than who-knows-what. It's also a good $saver because when you buy the ingredients, you get enough to make a bazillion batches of this, plus other things.

Very excited to get the book to see what else I can make! :)


1 comment:

  1. And the best part is I get the leftover vodka. YAY to green hand sanitizers!

    ReplyDelete