Thursday, January 27, 2011

Coooooooookie Monster!

I stumbled across a vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe this afternoon that I wanted to make, but it used ground flax seeds, which I'm out of. Boo. =(

Then I remembered a recipe I had for peanut butter chocolate cookies that call for an egg, but last time I had made a little concoction to replace it and they came out well. Then I found the recipe, except my so-called recipe was just a list of ingredients without directions. I decided I'd just set the oven to 350, mix everything up together in a bowl, form into cookies, throw 'em in the oven, hope for the best, and keep checking on them until they are done.

SUCCESS!!!

Here's my "recipe" I was working off of. I have no idea where I found it from many months ago.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 24 cookies

Ingredients:

1/4 cup soy milk (plain or vanilla) <--I used organic whole cow's milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg <--I used a mixture of 2T water + 1T oil + 2t baking powder
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup natural peanut butter <--I used Trader Joe's almond butter with flaxseeds
3/4 cup old fashioned oats <--Oops. Ran out. Used Muesli instead
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup cane sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips




YUM! These are fun cookies to make because they are easy breezy and you can usually make them with on-hand ingredients. :)

Hanna and I already ate half of them. Oops. Hard to refuse a little girl pointing and asking for "coo-coo's." And of course if she has one, I have to have one too. It's only fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment