Friday, February 4, 2011

Pancake O' Rama

Yesterday, in honor of Elmo's birthday, Hanna and I celebrated with a blueberry pancake breakfast together. I made 5-minute vegan pancakes. I found this recipe a few months ago and have made it many times since - so, so, SO easy, using things you already have in your kitchen.

When I put the blueberries in there I squished 'em when I flipped the pancake to make the juices go all through the pancake. :) --They would've been better if the blueberries weren't freezer burned - GROSS.

I saved the left over batter to make this morning, but switched it up a little bit. Llittle pieces of banana and squiggles of almond butter in there! Yummm! I liked them much better today than yesterday.
I kind of tweak this recipe a bit each time I make it and add whatever I feel like putting in there. Sometimes oatmeal, flax, chia seeds, fruit, nuts, etc. I always use whole wheat flour, and I halve the baking powder because 2 tablespoons sounds excessive to me and I have never had a problem with the fluff factor.

I think next time I'm gonna add some vanilla extract too, because without chocolate chips (like I usually put in there, of course, but have tragically run out), they are a little bland.

No comments:

Post a Comment